At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Wells Fargo Merchant Services specializes in providing solutions such as credit card, debit card, check guarantee, e-commerce and gift cards to businesses of all sizes. WFMS is nationally recognized for its ingenuity and reputation as a leader in the electronics payments industry.
We are searching for highly motivated Compliance Credit Risk Professional. Come work with a leader in the Electronic Payments industry.
This is a unique position within our Credit Risk Management Department focuses on the specialized world of credit card processing. This opportunity allows a team member to develop risk management skills and learn about the specialized risks inherent in merchant processing.
- Responsible for analyzing, investigating, identifying, researching and responding to transactional and systematic credit risk fraud in the WFMS merchant portfolio
- Critical skill requirements include customer contact, analyzing multiple factors, and the use of independent judgment to apply findings to create solutions while communicating with Bankers, Sales, Partners, Merchants, and Senior Management
- Candidate will analyze, and review credit standards to determine credit worthiness while monitoring a risk based compliance program to ensure compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory requirements. Analysis of data will include merchant credit card processing activity/transactions, bank references, credit reports, and internet website findings
- Responsible for compiling, analyzing, and documenting merchant application data and credit risk. Must be able to think outside the box
- Create & deliver customer and internal partner communications & projects for the department (as needed) and may represent WFMS in group meetings, conference calls, etc.
- This role may also provide managerial and lead support for the department, under supervision of manager and when manager is out of the department. It may also provide assistance and guidance to others on the credit team
- You will also be responsible for adhering to all Wells Fargo and Wells Fargo Merchant Payment Solutions programs and policies
- Must be able to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work independently is a must. Also must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to articulate thoughts and ideas clearly. Candidate must have excellent time management skills and follow-up skills
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: fraud, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, investigations of financial crimes transactions or policy violations, risk management, or compliance; or a BS/BA degree or higher in applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, or criminal justice, with 2+ years of experience in the foregoing
Other Desired QualificationsDisclaimer
- Knowledge and understanding of Commercial Card, MasterCard, or Visa products
- Knowledge and understanding of financial crime, fraud, or risk management
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services credit risk management
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Experience with Wells Fargo systems such as Store Vision Platform (SVP), Customer Information View (CIV) or Online Banking
- Credit reporting or analytics experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: automobile, bodily, casualty, claim examiner, claim investigator, insurance adjuster, insurance examiner, investigate, investigation, liability adjuster