At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Fair Lending team is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Fair Lending program. This Fair Lending Compliance Consultant will be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, and oversight of a risk-based, independent enterprise Fair Lending program to ensure compliance with Fair Lending laws, rules, and regulations. The Consultant will be responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring a risk-based Fair Lending compliance program to assure compliance with federal, state, agency, legal, and regulatory requirements and the WFC Fair Lending policy.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing advice on Fair Lending compliance related to products, services, and processes for various Consumer Banking lines of business, as well as related controls, and identifying specific areas of corrective action.
- Serving as a principal Fair Lending compliance adviser to various Consumer Banking lines of business management, Wells Fargo Audit Services, and the Law Department on Fair Lending matters related to various Consumer Banking lines of business, and in developing and establishing compliance strategies and policies.
- Making decisions guided by broad enterprise policies and objectives, and guidance from compliance leadership, and coordinating activities across multiple businesses and risk areas, involving multiple systems and operating platforms.
- Issue management and follow up, and working with businesses to communicate results and recommendations, as well as monitoring issues in enterprise systems of record (i.e. SHRP, RANBI).
- Working closely with risk and compliance partners across various Consumer Banking lines of business to address areas of identified risk.
- Coordinating with testing and validation as needed for additional activities to address areas of identified or emerging risk, including support of back end research as needed.
- Collaborating with First Line of Defense, the Law Department, Credit Risk, Finance, and other key business partners.
- Supporting relationships with key regulators and examiners to identify and influence areas of focus for Fair Lending compliance.
- Effectively managing change and creating a culture of compliance awareness where all team members share in accountability.
Preferred Locations: 1801 Parkview Dr, Shoreview, MN; 600 S 4th St, Minneapolis, MN; 7001 Westown Pkwy, West Des Moines, IA; 1525 W WT Harris Blvd, Charlotte, NC; 401 S Tryon St, Charlotte, NC; 550 California St, San Francisco, CA; however open to any location within the Wells Fargo Footprint or telecommute.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Fair Lending experience/expertise
- Exposure to Wells Fargo s Shared Risk Platform (SHRP)
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Leadership skills including coaching, training, and mentoring
- Experience successfully escalating complex issues and tracking through to completion
- Experience communicating in both written and verbal formats with senior executive-level leaders
- Experience developing improvement processes and implementation strategies
- Leadership skills including the ability to influence effectively in a matrix environment
- Experience with governance and oversight requirements for regulatory and risk reporting
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Extensive knowledge of risk-based regulatory compliance including the industry, laws, and regulations that apply to areas of responsibility
- Strong operational skills and experience executing on implementation of complex initiatives
- Experience with risk assessment methodology
- Strong skills in coordinating across many business lines and working in an environment with multiple systems and processes
- Certifications or additional training applicable to areas of responsibility such as CRCM, CAMS, CIA, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: analysis, analyst, bi, business intelligence, financial analytic, inspect, investment analytics, investment banking, refinement, regulation