As the Director of Service Delivery for vCom you re responsible for the leadership, oversight and success of the Network Provisioning, Project Management and Mobility Support teams within vCom Solutions. You re a proven ops strategic planner with the ability to measure success. With responsibility for daily management of the installation, documentation and ongoing support of voice, Internet, mobility, cloud and data services, you ll focus on making an impact through clearly defining success and achieving those results, while empowering the team to create the necessary process. As the lead liaison between vCom, its clients, and service providers, you ll manage the operations team to ensure customer satisfaction, revenue growth, customer retention, and profitability.
You re a great communicator someone who listens well, can easily provide feedback and coaching, and believes in transparency. You prioritize building a cohesive team (both US and overseas) that functions effectively to ensure timely and accurate delivery and support of sold services. Your curiosity drives you to push yourself to learn and change, embracing the opportunity to change positively at each opportunity. You re motivated, not overwhelmed by, the pace and volume of the workload. If we asked your current or prior teammates, they would tell us that honesty, integrity, enthusiasm, and creativity are at your core.
In your first month, you ll:
- Build a basic understanding of our model, customers, carrier partnerships, products and intro to our process
In your first 3 months, you ll:
- Take a deeper dive and expand on your understanding of the above
In your first 6 months, you ll:
- Rally the team to execute on your vision and embrace change
- Help the team drive projects to completion
- Dive into partnerships with customers and partners
What you ll do:
- Define and implement a successful Customer Implementation, Support and Engagement strategies, and oversee the teams responsible for delivering on that strategy
- Define and implement a successful customer implementation process, to attain a smooth transition from Sales
- Work with Team on establishing relationships with new customers through a high-touch approach (kick off calls, follow up, timely and responsive updates), and the development of customer-specific implementation plans
- Work with Team to proactively identify opportunities to develop, maintain and/or improve existing customer relationships, by understanding their business requirements, drivers and needs
- Work with Team to proactively identify opportunities to develop, maintain and/or improve existing carrier partnerships, by understanding our business requirements, drivers and needs
- Develop and maintain a clear quantitative and qualitative understanding of customer implementation efforts (including but not limited to delivery and MACD SLAs, technical oversight, satisfaction, scope change and engagement), and develop improvement strategies. Maintain a clear vision of the depth and breadth of vCom s relationship with strategic customers and carriers
- Develop methodologies to assess workload, responsibilities, technical training and the tools available to effectively support the customer base, and ensure customer retention
- Work closely with Executive Management and other division leaders to ensure that a customer s implementation experience and messaging are consistent across all interactions
- Partner with Marketing to generate customer updates on current and upcoming industry events, delays in support and natural disasters
- Work with Executive Management to build and implement business processes and guidelines for Project Management, Network Provisioning and Mobility Teams, to successfully support customers
- Review and evaluate current business processes, and assess the need to update or change them to improve quality of service or create efficiency
- Work with VP of Carrier Operations to establish Division structure and needs as they tie to vCom s and its customers needs; recruit, hire and train qualified personnel based on the Division structure.
- Work with leads to oversee employee training and skill assessment to ensure effectiveness, cross-training and proper work distribution.
- Coach and support leads through ongoing employee assessments and dialogue, and provide direct and frequent feedback to staff, to ensure sufficient, bi-directional communication and continued improvement.
- Evaluate ongoing team performance against vCom s objectives, and work with Team and Executive Management to identify areas of improvement.
- Provide leadership and build a cohesive team environment that promotes organizational health.
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership to ensure a successful implementation approach that promotes revenue generation.
- Work with the Operations Teams in assessing team performance against vCom s SLAs; work with Team and Executive Management to identify solutions to correct outliers.
- Work with Finance to help support billing disputes on carrier and vendor invoices.
- Act as an escalation point for projects, service and implementation, for internal and external customers and partners.
What you ll bring:
- 5 years of successful experience in Customer Operations Management within Telecommunications
- 5 years of successful track record in managing service delivery and project management teams
- Ability to cultivate and sustain customer and carrier relationships
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects concurrently
- Resourceful, organized and independent; goal oriented
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to interact among all levels of the organization
- Ability to cope with stressful situations and maintain a calm and professional demeanor
- Self-motivated with high learning aptitude and initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong PC application skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior time management and multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- BA/BS, or equivalent experience
The Selection Process
- After submitting a resume, qualified candidates will be invited to complete two separate assessments
- Once the assessments are completed, candidates will participate in a pre-screening phone screen with Human Resources
- A select group of candidates will be interviewed, in person and/or via video call (rounds of interviews may include the VP of Carrier Operations, Manager of Order Assurance, and others)
- Finalists will attend an in-person interview with the VP Carrier Operations, Chief Operating Officer, and others
vCom is a cloud-based software and managed services company focused on helping the mid-market manage IT spend from procure-to-pay. We empower mid-market organizations to manage all of their technology relationships in a much simpler way. We are among the fastest growing companies, most appreciated by employees, and valued by our customers. vCom has received the prestigious Best Places to Work award in the SF Bay Area for eleven years running. Our growth, innovation, and strong customer relationships are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering amazing outcomes for our customers and team members.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of vCom Solutions, Inc. is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. vCom Solutions hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Associated topics: administrative assistant, administrative staff, administrative support, assistant, associate, chief operations officer, facilities, front desk, front office, operation