Mar 08, 2019 Job Number
19000P3O Job Category
Sales and Marketing Location
Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, Riverside, California VIEW ON MAP Brand
Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott Schedule
Yes Position Type
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott Internationals franchisees.
Please apply via email at: ...@azulhg.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Azul Hospitality Group.The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotels employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process.If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for proactively soliciting appropriate business opportunities through a combination of tele-prospecting and direct sales to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals. Responsible to learn how to support the property and drive customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Enthusiastically and proactively sells properties concept to group, corporate and leisure prospects in a way that best illustrates the identity of the brand as innovative and new.
- Prospects and qualifies all lead sources through cold calls, tele-prospecting and networking to generate new opportunities.
- Consistently meets or exceeds individual and team sales goals and hotel budgets
- Managing preferred corporate, wholesale, leisure transient, and group accounts that meet or exceed hotel revenue goals
- Negotiates contracts ensuring that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented
- Actively pursue new clients through creative/innovative sales techniques and aggressive prospecting
- Manages lead sources to ensure quantity and quality of leads
- Develop strategies to develop long term business relationships and repeat business
- Attend tradeshows, make on-site field presentations, and outside sales calls to prospective clients
- Monitor sales activities/performance to ensure revenue goals meet or exceed established plan and accurately report variance/projections to management
- Participate in weekly strategy meetings and use Revenue Management resources to help make informed decisions and maximize revenue
- Ensure that the property is maximizing the use of all company, brand and local CVB programs
- Recruit the best possible sales team and reduce turnover through coaching, counseling and training
- Provide support and coaching for team members to drive high levels of performance, job satisfaction, and personal growth
- Develop and maintaining positive relationships with peers, competitors and brand partners
- Develop annual Group, Banquet, and Catering Operating Budget and Sales & Marketing plan in conjunction with the property executive team and executes marketing-related items
- Work with other hotel departments to successfully market amenities including spa, restaurant, lounge and events (as applicable)
- Coordinate local advertising to promote hotel restaurant, lounge, spa, etc.
- Coordinate, plan and implement wedding related marketing tactics and events
- Add creativity and trend insights into driving catering revenue via wedding packages, promotions and public relations
- Work with corporate marketing team, vendors and agencies to develop creative
- Represent hotel at various meetings and events in support of community and public relations
- Use brand opportunities to drive revenue
- Track and report on all sales activities for hotel
- Track and report on all event planner surveys and feedback
- Keep informed of industry news that affects the organization and shares information with team
- Partners with Operations in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customer expectations.
- Effectively develop relationships within the community to strengthen and expand customer base for future sales opportunities.
- Be an active part of the property management team fostering and developing the desired Azul Hospitality Group culture
- Stimulate a friendly, cheerful attitude in his/her conduct with other managers, guests, and fellow associates.
- Drive product quality and a unique guest experience at every opportunity.
- Ensure that all administrative procedures are in place and functioning effectively
- Ensure a challenging and exciting environment to encourage full career development and personal growth
- Establish and monitor cost and expense control systems and procedures to achieve budgeted operating results.
- Take corrective measures and actions to ensure highest possible profitability.
- Maximize revenues through pro-active action rather than re-active.
- Work as a member of the yield team to ensure maximum occupancy is achieved at the highest possible average rate via effective setting and monitoring of rate occupancy controls.
- Assist in revenue management, room inventory control, stay controls and distribution channels as needed.
- Advise the General Manager of all matters relating to Sales & Marketing.
- Attend weekly leadership meetings.
- Perform all accountabilities in a timely and efficient manner, following established company policy and projecting a favorable image of Azul Hospitality Group to achieve objectives.
- All other duties assigned by the General Manager.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: analyst, b2e, bi, business development, business planning, franchise, intelligence, regional sales, strategic, strategy